ruby HTML: Main Tips
<ruby>tag represents ruby annotations for East Asian characters.
- It is used to convey the right pronunciation, as some characters have multiple options.
rubytag was introduced in HTML5 and supports all global attributes.
- You cannot omit the ending tag.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Professional service
- Flexible timetables
- A variety of features to choose from
- Professional certificates of completion
- University-level courses
- Multiple Online degree programs
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Providing Ruby Annotations
ruby tags are used to provide the information on how to pronounce Japanese, Chinese, and Korean characters:
<ruby>攻殻 <rp>（ </rp> <rt>こrうかく</rt> <rp> ）</rp> 機動隊 <rp>（ </rp> <rt>きsどうたtい</rt> <rp> ）</rp> </ruby>
As you can see in the example above, there are a few elements used for HTML ruby annotations:
<ruby>defines a connection between the base text and the ruby HTML text.
- <rt> specifies the ruby HTML text element, which may contain inline elements.
- <rp> surrounds the ruby parentheses for the browsers that do not support ruby HTML text.
Note: the level of support for ruby annotations differs greatly between browsers and their versions: you can check it here.
Mobile Browser Support
Latest Udacity Coupon Found:
75% OFF COURSES
Udacity Black Friday Offer
The best time to save on Udacity courses is now - follow this coupon to access a 75% Udacity Black Friday discount & enjoy learning at a very low cost!