HTML meta: Main Tips
metatags, HTML metadata can be defined.
- In Greek, meta means beyond. Thus, metadata is not displayed on the web page: it is only parsable by the machine.
- Using the
metatag, keywords, descriptions, and other information can be specified for the page.
metatags must be placed inside the <head> element.
- You can use one or multiple
metatags in one document.
Using HTML meta Tags
The content between HTML
meta tags is supplementary information about a website which is not displayed in the page:
Metadata is useful in search engine optimization (SEO). Search engines use meta keywords to gather information about the content your website offers its users.
Note: you can also set the viewport using your meta tags to control the visible page areas. However, not every browser supports that.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Professional service
- Flexible timetables
- A variety of features to choose from
- Professional certificates of completion
- University-level courses
- Multiple Online degree programs
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Tag-specific Attributes for <meta>
charset sets the character encoding for the webpage:
Tip: defining character encoding helps prevent cross-scripting attacks. You should use UTF-8 or another ASCII-compatible encoding.
name sets a name for the metadata (e.g., meta
<meta name="description" content="Learn to code">
http-equiv defines a pragma directive. All the possible values have the same names as certain HTTP headers (i.e.,
refresh), hence the name:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">
content defines the value for the
<meta name="description" content="Learn to code"> <meta name="keywords" content="HTML, HTML Meta Tag">
scheme used to set the context in which the value of the
content attribute should have been interpreted (a format):
<meta name="date" content="2019-08-04" scheme="YYYY-MM-DD">
Note: the scheme attribute has been made obsolete in HTML5.
Mobile browser support
Latest Udacity Coupon Found:
75% OFF COURSES
Udacity Black Friday Offer
The best time to save on Udacity courses is now - follow this coupon to access a 75% Udacity Black Friday discount & enjoy learning at a very low cost!