blockquote HTML: Main Tips
<blockquote>HTML element indicates that content is a quotation.
- When a quotation is inside the rest of the text, use the <q> element.
- You should apply the
<blockquote>HTML element when it is necessary to separate a quote from the remaining text.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Usage of blockquote
A block quote HTML is a defined area, displaying a quote separately from the rest of the content.
<p>There are many ways to gain knowledge: TV, books, Internet, etc. However, imagination starts to fade after childhood. Do not let your inner child fade!</p> <blockquote>Imagination is more important than knowledge.</blockquote>
You can add the URL source of the quotation by using the
cite attribute. If a text specifies the source, use the <cite> as an element, not attribute.
The following block quote example shows the use of
<blockquote cite="https://www.bitdegree.org/">The best way to learn programming while gaming.</blockquote>
In the next block quote example, we style the
<blockquote style="background-color: pink; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid;">Imagination is more important than knowledge.</blockquote>
Note: the opening <blockquote> tag must have a closing tag.