HTML comment Tag: Main Tips
<!-- -->is an HTML comment tag.
- To comment out in HTML, insert information between
-->tags (browsers won't show these notes).
- Commenting in HTML allows developers to leave notes about their code, its functionality or to indicate necessary changes for the future.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Commenting in HTML
This HTML comment tag incorporates a comment in the source code of the HTML document. The example below adds a comment HTML:
<!--This is an example text that won't be displayed in the browser--> <p>This will be shown in the browser.</p>
In some cases, you might need to make HTML comment out notes in multiple lines. Use the following code to learn how to comment out HTML multi-line comments (or block comments):
<div> <p>This text is visible. Check the source code for multi-line comment.</p> <!-- Hello, world! I am a comment and I am displayed in multiple lines! --> </div>
Note: there used to be an HTML <comment> tag, but it is not supported by any modern browser. Don't use it to hide your comments.