HTML span: Main Tips
spanelement is an inline container. You can use it to associate inline elements (i.e., for styling).
spantag doesn't have any specific attributes, but supports global ones.
- You must use both opening and closing tags.
- Easy to use with a learn-by-doing approach
- Offers quality content
- Gamified in-browser coding experience
- The price matches the quality
- Suitable for learners ranging from beginner to advanced
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid Certificates of completion
<span> tags define an inline container. It can be used for styling purposes (like in the example below), or to group elements that have the same attribute values:
<p>She's got <span style="color: #33FFB5;">electric</span> boots</p> <p>A <span style="color: #96097C;">mohair</span> suit</p> <p>You know I read it in a <span style="color: #F07501;">magazine</span></p>
Note: HTML span element is similar to <div>. However, it is an inline element, while <div> is of a block-level.