HTML em: Main Tips
- The HTML
<em>element marks a piece of text as important in a specific context.
<em>element only supports global attributes.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Use of em
<em> element answers the question of how to italicize in HTML. Web browsers set the font-style of
<em> element to italic, similarly to the HTML <i> element. However,
<em> also has a semantic meaning.
<h2>Eagles fly <em>above</em> the clouds during rain.</h2>
Note: screen readers render a different tone to specify importance for the text in HTML <em> tags, but do not change tone for the <i> tag.