HTML Cross Out Text: Main Tips
<del>element marks and makes HTML cross out text deleted from HTML files.
- Simplify the editing process and indicate the deleted text with HTML
<del>tag and the inserted content with <ins>.
Use of del
<del> tag marks the deleted text in a document. This element crosses out the removed content with a line.
You can make HTML cross out text with both
<del> and <s>. However,
<del> is more suitable for marking document changes.
<p>I am not deleted text, but <del>I am.</del></p>
Note: you should use <del> instead of the deprecated <strike> element.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Attributes for del
cite attribute defines an URL address to explain the reason some part of content was deleted.
<p>I am <del cite="h1.html">a h1 tag</del> a paragraph.</p>
datetime attribute indicates the date and time when the content was deleted.
<p>I am not deleted text, but <del datetime="2017-07-27">I am.</del></p>