HTML title: Main Tips
titletag is used to name a document. It is placed in the <head> section.
- HTML title is displayed in the title bar of your browser or the tab of the page. You can also see it in search engine results.
- A document can only contain one
<title>tag supports all global attributes.
The title Tag Explained
HTML title is an element that specifies the content of a web page. However, it is not shown as the content:
HTML title can only contain text and not other tags.
Note: If you forget to use or close the HTML title tag, the browser will not show the rest of the page.
Theory is great, but we recommend digging deeper!
Usage of title
The content of the HTML title tag can be seen in:
- The title bar of a web browser
- The browser tab for a page
- The results generated by a search engine
Understanding what is a website title and how to use it correctly is very important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Note: you should avoid special characters due to the risk of a wrong display. Also, try to keep titles under 60 characters, as most search engines don't display more.