HTML title: Main Tips
titletag is used to name a document. It is placed in the <head> section.
- HTML title is displayed in the title bar of your browser or the tab of the page. You can also see it in search engine results.
- A document can only contain one
<title>tag supports all global attributes.
The title Tag Explained
HTML title is an element that specifies the content of a web page. However, it is not shown as the content:
HTML title can only contain text and not other tags.
Note: If you forget to use or close the HTML title tag, the browser will not show the rest of the page.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
Usage of title
The content of the HTML title tag can be seen in:
- The title bar of a web browser
- The browser tab for a page
- The results generated by a search engine
Understanding what is a website title and how to use it correctly is very important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Note: you should avoid special characters due to the risk of a wrong display. Also, try to keep titles under 60 characters, as most search engines don't display more.