- This method is used to determine whether a string contains characters of a specified string or not.
- It returns a boolean value and is case sensitive.
includes() Function Explained
includes() method to determine whether a string contains characters of a specified string or not.
var str = "Hi, Mark!"; var inc = str.includes("Mark");
If you click the Try it Live button above, you may try changing the capitalization on the searched value and see for yourself how the result changes.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Professional service
- Flexible timetables
- A variety of features to choose from
- Professional certificates of completion
- University-level courses
- Multiple Online degree programs
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
The second parameter is called start. It is optional and might not always be present in the parentheses. However, it is necessary if you want to define the place in the string to start the search process. In cases when the start argument is not included, the function automatically assumes it as 0 and starts at the beginning of the string.
|searchvalue||String to search for in the specified string. Required.|
|start||Position to start the search in the specified string. Optional. 0 by default|
The generated boolean object shows whether the string contained the characters you were searching to find. In other words, it answers whether searchvalue has been located in the string.
|Return Value:||A boolean value. True if string does contain value, false if it doesn't.|
Latest Udacity Coupon Found:
75% OFF COURSES
Udacity Black Friday Offer
The best time to save on Udacity courses is now - follow this coupon to access a 75% Udacity Black Friday discount & enjoy learning at a very low cost!