A PHP directory is a structure used to catalog and keep our files. It's a part of an organizing system that lets us keep track of our projects and code files more easily.
PHP has a bunch of inbuilt functions that let us quickly fetch information about particular PHP files in the directory. Additionally, it is possible to retrieve data about a whole specific PHP directory. We can easily make PHP list files in directory, open specified handles, and perform other tasks.
PHP Directory: Main Tips
- Directory functions allow you to get info about various PHP directories and what they contain.
- These functions are inbuilt into the PHP's core.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
List of Useful Functions
The following list contains the functions you can apply in order to manipulate every PHP directory you create:
|chdir()||Change current PHP directory|
|chroot()||Change root directory|
|closedir()||Close directory handle|
|dir()||Return instance of directory class|
|dirname()||Make PHP get root directory|
|getcwd()||Return current working PHP directory|
|opendir()||Open specified directory handle|
|readdir()||Return entry from directory handle|
|rewinddir()||Reset directory handle|
|scandir()||Make PHP list files in directoryReturn array of PHP files in directory specified (or directories from multidimensional array)|
PHP Directory: Summary
- Information on any PHP file directory and the files it contains can be obtained using PHP directory functions.
- These functions are inbuilt, and therefore don't require installation.