SQL NULL Values: Main Tips
- This value defines lost data.
- Tables already contain NULL values.
- NULL is handled not like other values.
SQL Working with NULL Values
Below there is a table called "People":
Hypothetically the "Adress" column is optional. Then when you write a data record without a value assigned it will receive NULL.
Testing is unavailable using default operators, that's why we use IS NULL/IS NOT NULL.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Professional service
- Flexible timetables
- A variety of features to choose from
- Professional certificates of completion
- University-level courses
- Multiple Online degree programs
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
IS NULL: Example
To select NULL data records we use IS NULL operator:
SELECT col_names FROM tbl_name WHERE col_name IS NULL;
SELECT Name, Unit FROM Products WHERE Unit_On_Order IS NULL;
IS NOT NULL: Example
To select data records with no NULL values we use IS NOT NULL operator:
SELECT col_names FROM tbl_name WHERE col_name IS NOT NULL;
SELECT Name, Price FROM Products WHERE Unit_On_Order IS NOT NULL;
Latest Udacity Coupon Found:
75% OFF COURSES
Udacity Black Friday Offer
The best time to save on Udacity courses is now - follow this coupon to access a 75% Udacity Black Friday discount & enjoy learning at a very low cost!