SQL Basics: Main Tips
- SQL is used for reading, writing and modifying data in a database.
- It's a standard tool for a variety of databases: MySQL, MS Access, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Postgres, etc.
- To practice on your SQL basics, you will need to create your test database or use an online editor for queries.
- Simplistic design (no unnecessary information)
- High-quality courses (even the free ones)
- Variety of features
- Nanodegree programs
- Suitable for enterprises
- Paid certificates of completion
- Great user experience
- Offers quality content
- Very transparent with their pricing
- Free certificates of completion
- Focused on data science skills
- Flexible learning timetable
SQL Simple Query Syntax
SELECT * FROM Customers;
Note: if you feel that this is easy, you can skip to a more advanced SQL tutorial like SQL Data Types.
SQL Basics: Summary
- Use SQL for reading, writing and modifying data in a database.
- SQL works on various types of databases: MySQL, MS Access, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Postgres, and others.
- To practice writing SQL queries, you need to create a database or use an online editor.