How to Use BitDegree Tokens to Buy BitDegree Courses
If you want to read a complete step-by-step guide with screenshots, you can find a full tutorial on how to buy BitDegree courses with BitDegree tokens here. Here, we'll provide a short and concise version for a quick reference.
Once you are on the order page, you can select the bottom payment option (it has BitDegree written on it), and you can see the total price, as it is converted from USD to BitDegree tokens. To encourage you to buy our courses using our tokens, we also provide a 20% extra discount.
You will then need to use your cryptocurrency (Ethereum) wallet (you can find the full tutorial on how to do that here) in order to send the required amount to the appropriate address. The payment has to be completed in 24 hours – after this period of time, the invoice expires, and you have to go and order the course again. Once done, the course will be added to your course library, and you can start learning!
A distinction has to be made here: you might notice that you can use BDG tokens as a discount too (even if you are paying with your credit card), and you don’t need an ETH wallet for that. These are tokens that you earn as you complete courses and daily streaks; instead of being added to your ETH wallet, they are stored on BitDegree’s platform and tied to your user, so you don’t have to convert them each time you want to use them.
If you hover on the little question mark, you can get an explanation of how the current amount of BDG and the possible discount is calculated according to how many tokens you have collected. You may get up to 50% off the regular price of the course.
You can also use these platform-stored tokens to vote for your favorite community courses. Think of them as a little incentive to the course initiator to start making the course faster.
How to Use BitDegree Tokens to Earn
If you are a master of finishing online courses, chances are you have a lot of BitDegree tokens in your pocket already. Did you reach 50,000? Congrats! That means that the platform-stored BitDegree tokens can now be converted to the blockchain one and sent to your Ethereum wallet. You can request this by sending a message to [email protected].
Another way to get BitDegree tokens is to complete scholarship courses. Once someone believes a course will be a beneficial addition to your experience and sponsors your education, you have some time to work on the course. If you complete the course without exceeding the deadline, you are awarded the amount of BitDegree tokens that correspond to the dollar value, indicated in the scholarship application. These funds are transferred right away, as the scholarship receiver completes the scholarship course and receives the blockchain certificate. You can find the full tutorial on applying for BitDegree's micro-scholarships here.
How to Use BitDegree Tokens Outside The Platform
Another way of using BitDegree tokens is by using them to get discounts, products, or services from partner companies. These companies have the possibility to exchange BitDegree tokens for a possible discount or as a payment method for their products and services.
Why could this be beneficial for you or the company? You get a flexible and transparent way to pay for the products or services you want, and the company gets a valuable customer from our platform. To learn more about this initiative, read the full tutorial on accepting BitDegree tokens on your website.
Converting BDG Tokens to ETH
If you are wondering how to use BitDegree tokens more freely, it can be a good idea to convert them to Ethereum – one of the most popular cryptocurrencies out there. We recommend using Coinbase to do so. You can find all the information on how to convert tokens here.
In case you want to check out other alternatives, there are a few other exchange platforms that you might like.
2. Register and click the Deposit button to start the process.
3. Use this tutorial to learn how to deposit BitDegree tokens (or any other cryptocurrency, in fact). It can take up to 5 minutes for it to appear in the system.
4. Go to https://hitbtc.com/account and transfer the BDG tokens from your main account to the trading one.
5. Go to Exchange. If you follow this link, BDG should be selected as your primary currency. Specify the amount you want to sell in exchange for ETH and press "Sell Market". It's important to note that prices can change in real time – that's why it says "You will approximately receive". You can track your active orders in the "My Orders and Trades BDG/ETH" tab, which is right next to the Market tabs.
6. Withdraw the Ethereum to your wallet by following this guide. You will have to transfer your funds from the trading account to your main one and then complete the rest of the steps. Be patient as it might take some time for the cryptocurrency to appear in your wallet.
1. Create your wallet on IDEX. If you don't know how, this helpful guide will lead you.
2. Deposit BDG into your IDEX wallet. Here’s a guide for that. Wait for the transaction to be completed.
3. Once it is done, click "Exchange" and type "ETH" to search for the cryptocurrency.
4. Scroll down and select "Market" in "Type". Specify the amount of ETH you want to buy and click "Buy".
5. Withdraw and transfer ETH to your wallet by following this guide. The whole process might take about six minutes, so don't rush.
It's Up to You How to Use the BitDegree Tokens!
As you can see, there are multiple choices for what you can do once you receive BitDegree tokens. You can choose from investing in your education, encouraging others to start creating courses, sponsor other students, using it on other websites, or maybe just converting it to ETH and spending it however you want. Remember that it's always crucial to use a reliable cryptocurrency exchange platform. If you're not sure which one to choose, we always recommend Coinbase.
The choice is really up to you, but if you have any doubts, our recommendation is always to learn as much as you can, as it will surely open even more opportunities for you!