Table of Contents
- 1 So, What is Qtum?
- 2 A Short Note on Price Predictions
- 3 Crypto Investment Lesson #1: Only spend what you can afford to lose!
- 4 Crypto Investment Lesson #2: Just because a coin price goes up, it doesn’t mean that it will stay up!
- 5 Crypto Investment Lesson #3: Do your homework!
- 6 Crypto Investment Lesson #4: Research the market!
- 7 Crypto Investment Lesson #5: Know your product!
- 8 Qtum Price Prediction: Final Thoughts
- 9 Crypto Investment Lesson #6: Have fun! You’re investing in the future of money!
So, What is Qtum?Qtum is a cryptocurrency based in Singapore. It was developed by Patrick Dai and Jordan Earls. It went live in September 2017. It’s pronounced as “quantum. Qtum isn’t just a crypto coin, it’s a business-facing platform. This means that it’s designed to be used by businesses for all sorts of different tasks. Qtum allows its users to develop smart contracts and dApps on a huge scale. It does this by combining the best bits from two of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies; Ethereum and Bitcoin. Note: Smart contracts are guidelines for transactions. Transactions will only happen if all the guidelines of the contract are followed. dApps are decentralized applications. They don’t have central servers that can be vulnerable to attacks by hackers. Qtum has the potential to solve some of the main problems facing both Ethereum and Bitcoin. By combining parts of each, Qtum hopes to provide businesses with a way to process millions of transactions quickly and efficiently. This is something that neither platform has managed to do by itself so far. Before I start talking about the price of Qtum, it’s important that you understand a few things about price predictions in general.
A Short Note on Price PredictionsI have a confession to make — I don’t know what the price of Qtum will be in two years or even what it will be in two weeks! In fact, nobody does! There, I said it. Can you ever forgive me? The truth is that no one can accurately predict the future prices of cryptocurrencies. If someone tells you they can, they’re lying.
Crypto Investment Lesson #1: Only spend what you can afford to lose!Before I start to sound too much like a school teacher, I want to answer a few important questions. They are;
- How has Qtum’s price changed since it went live?
- What do the experts think?
- What’s their Qtum price prediction 2019?
Qtum Price Movement: Sept 2017-Sept 2018When Qtum’s main net went live on September 13, 2017, its price closed at 11.94 US Dollars (USD). In fact, Qtum’s price had been as high as 18.26 USD as early as September 1. The price remained between 10 and 20 USD throughout October and November 2017. By the middle of December, it had started to go up. On December 15, Qtum’s price went above 30 USD for the first time. One explanation for this jump in price comes from a crypto vlogger, CryptoClub. CryptoClub thinks that Qtum was an undervalued coin until it was presented at BlockShow Asia in late November 2017. CryptoClub argues that Qtum’s price jumped after being showcased at the event.Cointelegraph. Qtum’s price had gone up by more than 20 USD within one day of the article being published on December 17. More mainstream media channels, like Forbes, began commenting on the increase in Qtum’s value and the upward trend continued. By January 6, one Qtum was worth 106.88 USD. CryptoClub’s Qtum price prediction 2018 was that the price would settle at around 60 USD. This didn’t happen. It slowly went back down again. At the end of 2018, one Qtum was worth 2.33 USD.
Crypto Investment Lesson #2: Just because a coin price goes up, it doesn’t mean that it will stay up!Now you know the Qtum story, let’s look at what might happen to its price for 2019 and why. Then you can make your own Qtum price prediction!
Qtum Price Prediction 2019The first thing you need to know about any Qtum price prediction 2019 is that we are in a bear market. This means that prices are going down across the market so a lot of people are selling coins. Any Qtum price prediction 2019 is going to be affected by the bear market. However, most crypto experts are still confident that Qtum’s price will go up in the second half of this year. A lot of the information you need to make your own short-term Qtum price prediction is available from Qtum’s homepage and CoinMarketCap. These two sites will give you a good idea about what kind of investment Qtum is.
Qtum Homepage InformationThe two most important pieces of information you’ll find on the Qtum homepage are:
- Number of nodes: Nodes are computers on the Qtum network that contain a full record of all transactions made on it. Nodes support and improve the network. Qtum has 6,569 nodes on its network. This is a good-sized community. Bitcoin only has about one-third more nodes in its network (9,977) and has been around for nine years longer!
- Number of dApps: Qtum currently lists 27 dApps that are operating on its network. This is still way behind Ethereum’s 1,577 dApps but it’s an okay start. Qtum has a varied selection of respectable dApps and a strong community of developers supporting them.
- Historic data: By looking at Qtum’s historical data, we can see that the price of Qtum has been quite stable over time. It hasn’t gone up and down as much as volatile coins like TRON or Verge.
- Market availability: CMC lists all the different crypto exchanges where you can buy Qtum. It also shows how many Qtum trading pairs are available on each. CMC currently lists 101 Qtum trading pairs across more than 25 different exchanges.
Note: A trading pair is two currencies that are being offered for trading. Think of it like a Bureau de Change at the airport. A trading pair for Qtum will look like this, 1 QTUM = 13.56 USD. The availability of Qtum for trading is a good sign that investors trust the coin and want to buy it. However, none of the exchanges listed on CMC offer Qtum for trading with fiat currencies. This means that traders who don’t already own cryptocurrency will find it harder to buy Qtum.Note: Fiat currencies are the official currencies of countries. Examples include the British Pound and the Indian Rupee.
- Scarcity: Qtum has a total supply limit of 100,647,552 CMC lists Qtum’s circulating supply as 88,647,552 QTUM. This means that three-quarters of its total supply has already been issued. Soon it will be scarce which means it will be harder to buy and its price could go up.
- Market Cap: The total value of all the Qtum in the world today is 1,222,981,627 This makes it the 20th biggest cryptocurrency on the market.
2019 Predictions ConclusionIn the short-term, any Qtum price prediction should be based on facts. So, keep up to date with the size of Qtum’s community and how well it’s performing on CoinMarketCap over the next few months.
Crypto Investment Lesson #3: Do your homework!Now let’s look a little further into the future. What factors will be affecting the price of Qtum over the next few years?
Qtum Predictions: 2019 and Beyond!There are several things you should think about when you make a long-term Qtum price prediction. The first is the number of other platforms that are similar to Qtum. These other platforms are competition and can affect the Qtum coin price.
CompetitionThe market for platforms like Qtum is very crowded. Ethereum was the first platform to offer users smart contract development and dApps and it’s still the biggest. However, there are plenty of other platforms that are challenging Qtum’s place in the market. Check out some of Qtum’s long-term competition:
- EOS has got a lot of people very excited. Some think it will be the new ‘king of dApps’. It went live on June 5, 2018, so developers can now build on it.
- NEO is sometimes called ‘Chinese Ethereum’. It offers users similar services to Qtum. The advantage it has over most other cryptocurrencies is its close relationships with the Chinese government and leaders of Chinese industries.
- Lisk is a platform with big plans for the next few years. It plans to launch a decentralized crypto exchange which could make it a major market player.
- Cardano was created by one of Ethereum’s founders. It has been in development for a long time but experts are very excited about it. It could go live within a year and cause a lot of problems for other platforms on the market.
Crypto Investment Lesson #4: Research the market!Two of the ways Qtum hopes to fight off its competitors is through partnerships and marketing…
PartnershipsQtum has plans for two major partnerships in the coming years;
- Starbucks: Qtum is negotiating an agreement with the giant coffee chain, Starbucks. A partnership of this size would be great for the long-term Qtum coin price.
- 360 Finance: Qtum is developing a blockchain research center with the Chinese financial technology company, 360. This partnership could give Qtum more access to Chinese markets and help it compete with platforms like NEO.