Table of Contents
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
Latest Udemy Coupon Found:
AS LOW AS $12.99
Don't wait - pick out the best Udemy course & use this Udemy coupon code for a huge discount. Get a skill you've always wanted for way less!
Another important aspect of what is PHP used for is creating PHP dynamic websites with the MySQL system. PHP works with a number of databases, but the most popular is MySQL. How does this work? Well, you can use PHP to connect to a database and present content on HTML pages.
Usually, there are two steps of learning PHP:
- Learning the programming concepts of the language, syntax and other features.
- Learning to work with a framework that will greatly increase your chances of building successful projects. For instance, the Laravel framework is one of the best and most popular frameworks for PHP web development.
Because of the event loop, the Node.js provides more efficient management of requests. For instance, while the file system reads a file, the Node.js works on other requests. After the system reads a file, it sends it to the browser. In other words, while Node.js waits for one job to finish, it jumps to another one.
- Developers indicate that using PHP is easier than Node.js. One of the examples is that Node.js usually requires more lines of code.
- If you have studied Java in the past, mastering PHP will be easier.
- Nevertheless, specialists label PHP as more mature, meaning that there are more resources to help you learn (examples of code, advises on solving bugs and other glitches).
- PHP is a powerful language and its programming concepts are easy to grasp for beginners.
- Frameworks of PHP such as Laravel are still widely used in web development despite the fact that Node.js has become more popular over the years. PHP remains the main language for backend web development.
- Salaries of PHP developers are one of the lowest in the programming world. Why? Because there are many PHP programmers in the business. Therefore, the hunt for the job might become more heated.
- There are many online services to use instead of turning to PHP developers. If you want to start a blog, you will simply create a WordPress account instead of seeking help from developers. However, PHP really shines when it comes to building original projects that cannot be created from a template.
- Node.js is not capable of managing CPU-intensive apps due to the fact that it is event-based and single-threaded.
Comparing the performance of Node.js and PHP
Node.js is still faster than PHP when there is no need to process data in real-time. Therefore, when you need to create chats, games, videos or big data streams, you might want to choose PHP.
jQuery vs. PHP
Therefore, jQuery and PHP have very little in common. For instance, if you are a PHP programmer, you won’t consider using jQuery (since this library does not offer PHP code).
Angular.js vs. PHP
The single-page application refers to an application that dynamically updates pages without reloading the entire new pages from a server. For instance, dynamic websites do not reload when you click on buttons like categories or other additional information.
You can use a combination of languages for your project to make it dynamic. It is a common practice to use AJAX to update certain parts of pages according to the users’ input without reloading them fully.
PHP might be slower than Node.js, but the user community of PHP is larger, meaning that there are more resources and tutorials to learn from. Additionally, PHP offers many frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, Zend and others that make web development even more efficient. While Node.js also offers many frameworks and resources, the support system is not that mature.