Web Development Course:
Web design has to serve everything: aesthetics and functionality, user-friendliness and interactivity. Of course, graphic designers take care of a lot of those things. Still, knowing the basics comes in handy for every coder.
Bootstrap jumbotrons help your users get the vital information in the first glance. It is a huge field meant for displaying text. In this tutorial, we will learn to create jumbotrons and easily catch the visitor's eye so they don't miss any crucial information.
Bootstrap Jumbotron: Main Tips
- The Bootstrap 4 provides the CSS class called jumbotron, which is designed to capture the user's attention upon entering the website, making it perfect for displaying important information.
- The concept of jumbotron is widely used in web design nowadays.
Creating a Bootstrap Jumbotron
A jumbotron is simply created by giving a <div> element the .jumbotron CSS class.
To create one, the HTML you need to use would look something like this:
<div class="jumbotron"> <h1 style="text-transform: none;">Jumbotron</h1> <p>Important information here!</p> </div>
Now, if you'd like your jumbotron to be full-width, you will also need to add the .jumbotron-fluid class to it and wrap the content inside the jumbotron with a <div> element with the .container class like this:
<div class="jumbotron jumbotron-fluid"> <div class="container"> <h1 style="text-transform: none;">Jumbotron</h1> <p>Important information here!</p> </div> </div>
Bootstrap Jumbotron: Summary
- When you need to attract your user's attention as they enter the website, you can use a jumbotron CSS class.
- It comes in handy when you need to display some crucial information.
- Bootstrap jumbotrons are considered a staple of web design.