What is GameFi (GAFI)?
GAFI is the native token of GameFi, which is a one-stop solution for gamers in the crypto space. One of the latest trends in the crypto world today is the evolution of Play-to-Earn (P2E) games. This rise is also supported by the massive adoption of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), as they have become a major part of P2E games. GameFi supports these P2E games that allow users to earn crypto rewards for participating in games, as well as acts as a marketplace for trading and buying in-game items (virtual lands, collectibles, and wearables) in the form of NFTs. The GameFi crypto project is developed on the Binance Smart Chain and Polygon.
Care to see the current or the previous GAFI price? Take a look at the GameFi price chart above.
The GameFi ecosystem includes various features that are created to give its users the best gaming experience. Overall, there are five main sections of GameFi:
- Game Aggregator. It acts as a repository, P2E yield tracking space, and a place that exposes gamers to the latest games on the platform. Here users can find new games, track their earnings, and list, sell or exchange their NFTs with other players.
- GameFi Marketplace. As mentioned before, it's where gamers can discover, buy, sell or trade in-game assets. This marketplace supports cross-chain activities, making it easier for gamers to migrate and use their assets from different blockchains.
- GameFi Launchpad. It allows gaming companies and developers to conduct Initial Game Offerings (IGO).
- GameFi Accelerator. It is built to provide developers and game studios with tools and templates that enable them to build and launch games on GameFi.
- GameFi Yield Guilds. It features gaming finance vaults that allow users to earn without playing. They can do that by staking their tokens, lending or renting out their in-game assets, and so on. Apart from generating rewards in tokens, Yield Guilds users also get first access to new games, in-game assets, and much more.
Use Cases of GAFI Tokens
GAFI is the native utility token of the GameFi ecosystem that has a lot of use cases. First of all, it is the platform’s governance token. As a holder of the GameFi token, you can propose ideas, and vote on proposals and amendments that can affect the whole GameFi ecosystem.
GAFI also grants its holders discounts on trading fees and yield fees. Besides, all fees in the GameFi ecosystem are covered using GAFI crypto tokens.
In addition to that, you can also stake your GAFI tokens to get access to the GameFi Launchpad and GameFi Accelerator.
The GAFI price is supported by a portion of the fees generated on the platform by providing liquidity to the token in the secondary market.
Don't forget to check the GameFi price chart above to see the current value of the GameFi crypto asset.
The maximum supply of GAFI tokens is 14,954,970. From this amount, 32% was allocated for the presale and the private sale, while the public sale was allocated 2%. Moreover, 20% has been reserved for marketing and liquidity, while 16% has been allocated to the team. This amount is released to the team periodically to maintain investor confidence and avoid massive sell-offs that may not be good for the GAFI price stability. Concerning the remaining supply, the early-stage investors in the GameFi ecosystem were allocated 2%, while 19% of the tokens were locked away in the Treasury.