Table of Contents
Latest Udacity Coupon Found:
UP TO 85% OFF
Limited-time Udacity Coupon
For a limited time only, get 70% off bundle subscriptions & extra 15% off upfront payments. Use this Udacity coupon & save big on high-quality learning!
Luckily for you, it doesn't take long to improve your language skills if they aren't very strong. Start with HTML and CSS. If you've never taken a course in either of these languages, start with the Interactive Coding For Beginners course. Through this course, you will learn how the two languages are used together to create responsive websites, and you will even get to practice building your simple web page. This is a great practice before you start using Bootstrap as you will know key elements of websites and then later learn how to use Bootstrap to enhance them.
2. Take An Online Course To Get Yourself Started
If your only experience comes from looking at a Bootstrap example online and you don't know any of the basics, then the best way to learn Bootstrap online will be through a course. Online courses are great learning resources which often come at a fraction of the cost of traditional courses. Some of the benefits of learning Bootstrap with an online course include:
- You aren't constrained by time like you would be in a physical class. This means that you can spend as long as you want on difficult topics, allowing you to gain a fuller understanding of Bootstrap and how it can be used.
- Learning online allows you to learn Bootstrap at any time of the day or night. This means that you can easily spend a few hours on your course after work or wherever else you have a bit of time free.
As you can see, online courses have the potential to be a great resource that will help you learn how to use Bootstrap. And BitDegree has such a course: have a look at the Interactive Bootstrap 4 Tutorial. Featuring the most important Bootstrap concepts and features explained in a clear, concise manner, this course also gives you the chance to practice while you learn. Practicing with your new knowledge is extremely important to make sure that it remains fixed in your memory for you to draw on later.
that you can use when you build a page with Bootstrap and make sure that you know how to use them properly.
8. Always Have Reference Guides Handy
High-quality language reference guides are one of the developer's best friends and help immensely when you are looking for how to learn Bootstrap efficiently. Decent reference guides contain information about pretty much everything you need to know about a language. BitDegree's Bootstrap reference guide will provide the Bootstrap example code, an explanation of concepts and syntax, and information about anything else related to it.
It is also a good idea to have references for the languages you're going to be using when you're working with Bootstrap. A major part of learning how to use Bootstrap is learning how to look up HTML and CSS concepts in their respective references. Check out the reference guides through the following links:
Have a quick look through these guides and learn how to use them. They will help you when you come up against difficult syntax or other problems with your code.
9. Don't Underestimate The Power Of Videos
If you come up against some difficult concepts or ideas while you're trying to learn Bootstrap online, don't give up. Although things can seem close to impossible to begin with, sometimes all you need to do is sit back and look at them from a different perspective.
YouTube videos are a great resource when you're stuck and having trouble understanding something. High-quality videos usually provide a Bootstrap example, including relevant code, and an explanation of everything that's happening. You might be surprised how easy it is to pick up an otherwise difficult concept by simply spending a few minutes to watch someone explain it.
10. Connect With Other Bootstrap Users
In a way, learning Bootstrap is the same as learning any other programming language or framework. It can get lonely if you're trying to learn on your own, and it is very easy to lose motivation and give up if things get difficult. In my opinion, one of the best ways to overcome this is to join a community and start interacting with other people who are trying to learn Bootstrap online, it's users and developers.
There are two ways that you can start connecting with your fellow web developers:
- Get active online. Start by joining a web development or bootstrap forum or chat board. Post questions when you have them and do your best to answer other people's questions when you can. The simple act of answering a question can help reinforce your knowledge of a topic.
- Find a physical group. Your other option is to join a physical Bootstrap or web developer group. Look for groups on websites like Facebook and Meetup.com, join them, and start networking with your peers!
Online groups can be good for answering questions and finding support, but there is no substitute for physical interaction and networking.
Time to Take Action and Learn Bootstrap
Above all, remember to keep things in perspective. Some people have been working with Bootstrap for years, so you can't expect to be as good as them without a lot of practice. Take your time, don't get impatient, and have fun!