What Is Voyager?
VGX is the native token of Voyager, which is a crypto broker project. It allows investors to trade digital assets in a reliable and secure way. Both institutional and retail investors can use Voyager to find the best crypto trading options. More than 55 digital assets are supported by Voyager. Make sure to take a look at the Voyager token price chart above to see the current VGX price.
Voyager is linked to a huge variety of cryptocurrency exchanges through a cutting-edge Smart Order Routing system. The system exploits variations in stated prices on cryptocurrency exchanges this way allowing investors to choose the best exchange rates.
Investors can assess the differences between the ask and bid prices thanks to this system. Besides, they can also assess increased levels of liquidity on various cryptocurrency exchanges. This makes it significantly easier for traders to know when to enter or exit positions.
Additionally, Voyager doesn’t have any transaction fees. This means that traders can buy or sell assets using the platform and pay only the specified price without any supplementary fees.
The Origin of Voyager
The Voyager company is the daughter company of Crypto Trading Technologies. Gaspard de Dreuzy, Stephen Ehrlich, Oscar Salazar, and Philip Eytan are the founders of the company. The Voyager team consists of experts from a variety of fields including data analytics, finance, IT management, marketing, etc.
Besides, the company has partnerships with such projects as BitGo, Plaid, Ethos, Circle, and so on.
The Voyager tokens were initially the ETHOS tokens. Voyager acquired these tokens when it purchased Ethos Assets. Eventually, in order to facilitate the incorporation of Ethos' technology into the Voyager ecosystem, the ETHOS token was renamed the VGX token. Its smart contract and the overall supply (222,295,209 tokens) were not affected.
What Is Voyager Token (VGX)?
Voyager Token (VGX) is the native token of the platform. It’s issued as an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain. Essentially, VGX is used as a reward token. However, users can also hold Voyager coins to generate 5% monthly interest. The tokens can be held in the Voyager application or in the Ethos Universal Wallet, which is the native wallet of the platform.
If you want to see the live Voyager token price, don't forget to check out the aforementioned VGX price chart.
It’s important to mention that the Voyager Loyalty Program (VLP) is built around the token. There are three levels of VLP membership – Explorer, Navigator, and Voyager. These levels are based on the amount of Voyager coins a person holds.
VLP offers various types of rewards including:
- Crypto Back rewards. In this case, users earn rewards simply by trading. The amount of Crypto Back rewards depends on the level of VLP membership;
- Level up rewards. Just like the name states, users get these rewards when they level up their membership;
- Refer-a-Friend rewards. Users can get this reward by inviting their friends to join the platform. They get a $50 reward once their friends complete their first deposit and trade at least $100. Besides, note that the number of friends that can be invited by one user is limited to 100;
- Staking rewards. Users can earn a 7% annual reward for holding VGX tokens in their portfolios.
VGX tokens can be bought using US dollars on the Voyager application. Though keep in mind that the Voyager token price is volatile, just like it is with most crypto assets. This means that it can fluctuate due to various factors that influence the crypto market. Thus, it would be wise to monitor the Voyager price chart to determine the main price trends.
Lastly, note that even though Voyager doesn’t have transaction fees, it has withdrawal fees. VGX tokens can be used to pay these fees at a reduced rate.
In 2019, Voyager launched its own mobile app. It provides users with a wallet, a place for trading, and other custody services. The app can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices.
The Voyager app allows users to make deposits in both – crypto assets and US dollars. Besides, it provides users with such features as:
- Limit orders. It allows users to set the limit price and size of their orders. After the limit is reached, the Voyager app automatically completes these orders.
- Interest program. It enables users to trade while also earning interest without any restrictions or lockups.
- Recurring Buys. It allows users to specify a US dollar amount and a time frame to make automatic cryptocurrency purchases.
- Funds insurance. The users’ funds are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The insurance company guarantees that if the user deposits are lost, they will get a full refund that can be worth up to $250,000.
Besides, to secure the personal information of users, the platform employs two-factor authentication, an AWS cloud server, and other advanced technologies that help to prevent malicious attacks.