Are you interested in a career within in the world of business strategy?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Applied Business Strategy for Managers here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of business strategy viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of applied business strategy:
1. What is Strategy? – Definition of Strategy, Mintzberg Strategy Definitions, Identifying the Strategy of a Company, Strategy and Quest for Competitive Advantage, Strategy and the Business Model of the Firm, Why Crafting and Executing Strategy are Important Tasks, The Ideology of Strategy, The 3C Model and Triple Bottom Line, Hierarchy of Strategy, Management By Objectives (MBO) and Mintzberg (Strategy and Structure).
2. Strategic Management Approaches – Strategic Management Approaches, Prescriptive Strategy, Emergent Strategy, Strategic Thinking, Design Led Thinking, Game Theory, Decision Making Models, Models of Decision Making, Strategic Frameworks and Models, Perspectives on Strategic Directions and the Market Based View (MBV), VRIO Resource Based Framework and Knowledge Based View, Relational and Transient Based Views, Dominant Themes - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Dominant Themes - Digital Disruption, Corporate Governance and Ethical Leadership and Strategic Management Approaches Summary.
3. Corporate Planning – Evaluating the External Environment of a Company, Relevant Components of the External Environment of a Company, The Five Forces Framework, Potential New Entrants and Substitute Products, Buyer/Customer Power, Suppliers & Rivalry, Strategic Group Analysis, Obtaining Necessary Data, Critical Success Factors, Evaluating the Resources, Capabilities & Competitiveness of a Company, Analyzing the Position and Current Strategy of a Company, Consumer Needs Analysis and Strategic Alignment, Balanced Scorecard, Analyzing Resources and Capabilities, Resources, Core Competencies, SWOT, The Value Chain and Customer Value Proposition, Different Value Chains, Competitiveness Strength Assessments and Strategy Mapping.
4. Building your Firm's Business Strategy – Building Your Business Strategy for the Firm, Key Actions, The 5 Generic Competitive Strategies, Low-Cost Provider Strategies, Broad Differentiation Strategies, Focused Strategies, Best-Cost Provider Strategies, Developing Competitive Strategies, Offensive and Defensive Strategies, Blue and Red Ocean Strategy, Horizontal and Vertical Strategies, Outsourcing Strategies, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, Evaluating Business-Unit Competitive Strength Using Portfolio Analysis and Building the Corporate Level Strategy and Crafting New Strategic Moves.
5. Building Strategy for the Future – Functional Level Strategy, These Strategic Levels Lead to Functional Strategy, Globalizing Your Strategy, Major Drives for Expansion, Strategic Approaches to International Expansion, Transational Strategy, How to Compete In Developing Countries, Commerce is Everywhere: New Retail and the Future, Strategy and the Future: Strategic Planning and Sense Making, Strategic Process Principles and Core Strategic Thinking.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the management knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future business management direction through applying modern applied business strategy thought for managers.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
Course consist of total 1h 27min of content, in total.
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading graduate-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.