What Will I Learn?
- build a professional backend layer to store and retrieve data for your Unity video game
- understand how to use MySQL and PHP as a solid data layer to communicate with Unity
- learn basics of PHP
- learn basics of MySQL
- learn quick setup of PHP and MYSQL for Unity
- read data from PHP and MySQL
- retrieve data from PHP and MYSQL
- insert data into MYSQL
- understand how Unity interacts with other systems
This one of unity tutorials is a step-by-step guide how to create an authentication system for video games made with Unity programming language.
Authentication systems are used by users to access your game from any device. It is a tool for developers and users to retrieve log in data like email and password as well as game-related assets such as weapons, resources, gear and so forth. Leading MMORPG games like Diablo, Runescape or World of Warcraft are based on such authentication systems.
Unity tutorials are not only useful to understand how authentication systems are created but also an excellent tool to learn SQL and PHP and how these programming languages work together.
- basic use of Unity is recommended but not required
- All software is free to use
- have a windows PC, MAC, or Linux