What You Will Learn?
- How to build REST APIs in Kitura & Swift
- How to build an iOS app that can communicate with Kitura API
- How to work with IBM Cloudant Database
- How to understand server-side Swift
- How to deploy a live API to the Internet
Welcome to the most engaging course teaching how to build REST APIs in Swift on the net. In this course, you'll learn API development for servers using Swift, Bluemix, and Kitura.
What, perhaps, attracts so many users to this course is the holistic approach it takes to help you learn Swift, Kitura, and Bluemix. While many courses delve too deep into the theory of API development, this API tutorial takes a balanced approach to things. This course gives you sufficient theoretical knowledge and a thorough hands-on learning experience. Most professional developers will tell you that the best way to learn any sort of coding is diving heads on into it. That is just what this course does! Check it out!
Why should you take this course?
All developers now it can be a real pain having to learn different languages for front-end and back-end development. Swift solves this problem by being a powerful resource for both front and back-end development. Adding Kitura to the mix and learning it alongside Swift is almost a cheat code if you want to take your API development skills to the next level.
By learning both:
- • You’ll be able to build APIs that support all platforms (Firebase only supports iOS/Android meanwhile Swift and Kitura support those alongside tvOS and macOS)
- • You get to become a full-stack developer without learning many programming languages
- • You’ll have an edge in the jobs you’re interviewed for
- • You’ll be able to engage in API development and manage databases for your applications
- • You learn back-end faster than learning on Node, Rails or PHP
What will you learn by taking this course?
- • How to build REST APIs using Swift and Kitura
- • API deployment on the internet
- • How to build an iOS app that communicates with Kitura APIs
- • How to work with CouchDB
- • Working with IBM Cloudant Database
- • API deployment on IBM Bluemix
- • API controlled data retrieval and storage from and on databases
- • Setting up development tools on macOS and Ubuntu
What new skills can be added to your portfolio after taking this course?
- • Swift
- • Kitura (framework for API development and web request management)
- • CouchDB
- • IBM Cloudant Database
- • IBM Bluemix
- • Server-side Swift
- • Proficiency in working with CRUD operations
- • REST API
- • RESTful APIs
The chatroom is a very integral tool that makes learning this course more effective! Available 24/7, you can ask questions from fellow learners, think up creative ways to solve problems and collaborate. This feature is especially useful if you get stuck on some concepts while learning. You can also find some great team members for your subsequent personal projects!
Who can take this API tutorial?
This tutorial is designed for budding developers and programmers!
- • iOS developers who want to learn Swift for API development
- • New programmers who are looking to learn REST API and RESTful APIs in Swift
- • Mobile developers who want to build a back-end API for their mobile applications
What are you waiting for? KICKSTART your career with this amazing, easy to follow course today!
- A computer running with macOS or Ubuntu
- Basic Swift skills might be helpful but are not required